5555 Powers Blvd.
Parma, Ohio 44129
P: 440.887.7300 Ext: 7228
The City of Parma Police Department
spacer

About Us Parma Auxiliary Police

Unit History

The Parma Auxiliary Police Unit was started in 1950 as part of the Civil Defense organization. Later in the 1950’s, the unit was integrated into the Parma Police Dept. Joseph A. Smith was appointed Commander and held that position until he passed away in November 1996.

Today the Parma Auxiliary Police is an integral part of the Parma Police Department. Under the command of George J. Balasko, the unit is working to update our training becoming a more professional force, and an even greater asset to the City of Parma.


Back to top

spacer